World Law Forum Global Launch & SLAPP Conference [20th Oct; New Delhi]
The World Law Forum Global Launch and Conference on Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation (SLAPP) will be organized on the 20th of October, 2018.
Speakers for the Conference:
- Ram Jethmalani, Senior Advocate & Member of Parliament
- Rajeev Dhavan, Senior Advocate & Eminent Jurist
- Aman Lekhi, Additional Solicitor General, Government of India
- Madhu Trehan, Founder, Newslaundry
- Sidharth Vardarajan, Founder, The Wire
- Paranjoy Guha Thakura, Senior Journalist
- Rajshree Chandra, A/Professor, University of Delhi
- Sunita Narain, Editor, Down to Earth
- Sucheta Dalal, Managing Editor, Moneylife
- Dilip Cherian, Consulting Partner, Perfect Relations
- Suhel Seth, Managing Partner, Counselage India
Objectives of the Conference:
- Raise awareness of the SLAPP phenomenon and explore the applicability and effectiveness of Anti-SLAPP laws;
- Create a dialogue between journalists, lawyers and policymakers to protect freedom of expression and promote equality;
- Allow for community-building and encourage change makers to join the World Law Forum
- Professionals: INR 2,800
- Young Professionals: INR 1,800
- Students: INR 900
For further details, click here.
LiveLaw is the media partner for the event.