16th Vyas Government Law College National Legal Essay Competition
Writing is a proclivity that a lawyer must never detach from himself, and thus, each year, the Magazine Committee of the Government Law College, Mumbai, organizes a national level legal essay writing competition, ‘The Vyas Government Law College National Legal Essay Competition’.
The Vyas Government Law College National Legal Essay Competition is sponsored by Mr. Dinesh Vyas, one of GLC's most distinguished alumni, who obtained his LLB degree from Government Law College in 1967.
In the previous edition, the entries were judged by the following judges of the Bombay High Court - Hon'ble Shri Justice A. S. Oka, Hon'ble Shri Justice A. M. Thipsay, Hon'ble Shri Justice S. C. Gupte and Hon'ble Shri Justice S. J. Kathawalla.
The Magazine Committee of the Government Law College now invites entries for the same.
The topics this year are:
- Discuss ‘The Constitution (122nd) Amendment Bill, 2014’, with respect to the efficacy of a consolidated tax on goods and services.
- Analyse the 2015 amendment to ‘The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996’, discussing in detail, its impact on International Commercial Arbitration.
- What is the relevance of prohibition on liquor in present-day India? Elaborate with reference to its recent implementation in Kerala and Bihar.
- Is the body of International Refugee Law equipped to combat a refugee crisis? Examine and make suggestions in this regard.
- Explore the need for Witness Protection Laws for rape survivors in India.
3500 - 4500 words
The deadline for entries is 2ndJanuary 2017.
1st Place: Rs. 12,000/-
2nd Place: Rs. 9,000/-
3rd Place: Rs. 7,000/-
For further details, refer to the brochure attached.
In case of any queries, send an email to email@example.com.