Call for Applications: Volunteer for Justice Fellowship Program
Volunteer for Justice (VFJ) is a non-governmental organisation committed to promote legal empowerment and uphold access to justice in the society (especially for marginalised and disadvantaged groups). VFJ is developing legal clinics at law schools across India (in a phased manner) comprising of volunteers (law students, lawyers, academicians, etc).
You can find further details about the organisation here.
Where VFJ currently stand?
VFJ has just started operations and presently developing a network of volunteers (with clinics) across NCR. It is also under 6 months incubation with N/Core, a program run by Nudge Foundation with Mr. Sanjay Purohit as our Mentor. At present VFJ are running a fellowship program.
Volunteer for Justice is currently inviting applications for fellowship in New Delhi
How the Fellowship works?
The Volunteer for Justice fellowship is a highly selective fellowship to provide free legal services to people in need. Recent law graduates upto 2 years' PQE (with Bar council registration) can apply for the 6 months’ fellowship (extendable to one year).
Fellows first go through a 7 days training with our senior fellows and volunteer lawyers and are then assigned selective cases and a clinic to work with.
The fellows typically perform the following functions:
- provide appropriate training to the volunteer students;
- oversee the work of volunteer students and the Clinics;
- provide legal assistance to the clients and assistance to volunteer legal professionals; and
- coordinate with clients, volunteer legal professional, legal aid groups and other organizations.
Why choose Volunteer for Justice Fellowship?
- Multi-disciplinary cases & experience
- Direct involvement with communities and people
- Training with multiple lawyers
- Stipend of INR 20,000 pm
- Certificate & Letter of Recommendation
- Fellows will be required to be resident in Delhi for the duration of the fellowship.
- Fellow are expected to carry their own laptops; anyone unable to do so should inform in advance so that they are able to make alternative arrangement.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. An interview will be scheduled if shortlisted.
- In case of any specific queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for the application is 4th October 2017.
Click here to apply.