Ten arbitration and mediation centers from Asia Pacific countries have come together to launch a one of its kind Asia Pacific Centre for Arbitration & Mediation (APCAM).
This is a historic step towards collaborating dispute resolution in the Asia Pacific region into an innovative and unique model.
The official Launch of the international ADR centre is scheduled for 4.00 PM IST on August 6, 2020, and will be streamed Live via Zoom Session.
Zoom Meeting ID: 811 0676 4563
The Session may also be viewed Live on Facebook on the following V-link: https://wwww.facebook.com/IIAM.ADR/
The APCAM will be inaugurated by Justice RF Nariman, Judge, Supreme Court. Other dignitaries who shall launch APCAM Rules, Website, etc. include Justice Neil McKerracher, Jude, Federal Court of Australia; Prof. Justice Chang-fa Lo, Former Judge, Constitutional Court of Taiwan; Mr. Nopporn Podhirangsiyakorn, Vice President of the Supreme Court of Thailand; Justice AR Sharma, Chairperson, NHRC, Nepal; and Prof. Wisit Wisitsorat, Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Justice, Thailand.
Advisory Board Members of the APCAM include:
- Justice MN Venkatachallah, Former Chief Justice of India;
- Justice Madan B. Lokur, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India;
- Phongthep Thepkanjana, Former Deputy Prime Minister and Chief Judge, Thailand;
- Prof. Clyde Croft AM SC, Former Judge, Supreme Court of Victona, Australia;
- Prof. Dr. Mieke Komar, Former Justice, Supreme Court Republic of Indonesia;
- Mr. Rimsky Yuen Kwok-keung, Former Secretary for Justice of Hong Kong;
- Justice Keshari Raj Pandit, Former Chief Judge, High Court of Nepal.
Governing Board Members of the APCAM include:
- Chairman— Mr. Anil Xavier, President, IIAM, India;
- Vice Chairman— Dr. Francis Law, Chairman, SKIMC, Hong Kong;
- Vice Chairman— Datuk Kuthubul Zaman, Co-Chairman MMC, Malaysia;
- Secretary General— Mr. Fahmi Shahab, Director, PMN, Indonesia
- Chair-Accreditation— Dr. rajesh Sharma, Director, IIAM, Australia;
- Executive Director— Ms. Iram Majid, Director, IIAM, India;
- Board Member— Mr. Matrika Niraula, General Secretary, NIAC, Nepal;
- Board Member— Ms. Siu Wing Sylvia, Immediate Past President, HKIArb, Hong Kong
- Board Member— Mr. Pasit Asawawattanaporn, Managing Director, THAC, Thailand;
- Board Member— Ms. Delcy Lagones, Director, ARDC, Australia.
LiveLaw is the Online Media Partner for the event.