Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy invites you for the launch of its Strategy Paper 'Responsible AI for the Indian Justice System', by the Chief Justice of India, Hon'ble (Mr.) Justice S. A. Bobde, followed by a discussion, on tomorrow at 6:30 PM.
About The Report:
The paper gives a primer on ongoing and potential use cases of AI, conducts a global survey of its usage and identifies the foreseeable short-term and long-term challenges. Finally, it proposes a roadmap to integrate AI and a charter that can provide an ethical framework for its use.
The launch of the paper will be followed by a discussion by experts to explore how AI can assimilate in and transform the Indian justice system. The conversations in the session will draw from the ideas discussed in the paper and help develop frameworks that can enable their implementation.
The report has been authored by Ameen Jauhar, Vaidehi Misra and Dr. Arghya Sengupta from Vidhi, Dr Partha P. Chakrabarti and Dr Saptarishi Ghosh from Indian Institute of Technology (Kharagpur), and Dr Kripabandhu Ghosh from the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (Kolkata).
- Hon'ble Justice S. A. Bobde, Chief Justice of Supreme Court India
- Hon'ble Justice L. N. Rao, Judge of the Supreme Court of India
- Hon'ble Justice (Retd.) B. N. Srikrishna, Retired Judge of the Supreme Court of India
- Prof. Partha P. Chakrabarti, Professor, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, Jointly with Centre of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Christoph Winter, Assistant Professor of Legal Philosophy at the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Visiting Scholar in Psychology at Harvard University and Director, Legal Priorities Project.
The event will also be broadcasted live on Vidhi's Facebook channel
To Join the event, click here
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/vidhilegalpolicy
Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/Vidhi_IndiaLinkedIn Link: https://www.linkedin.com/company/5000661/admin/