Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University, Sonipat invites online application for the post of Assistant Professor (Law).
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor (Law)
No. of Post: 02 (Two)
Pay Scale: Pay Level-10 as notified by Haryana Government
Essential Qualification and Experience
- A Master's degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET : Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Byelaws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:-
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned. Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such master's Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET. OR
(B) The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
How to apply?
- To apply online click here
- The Application form and supporting documents should be soft binded and indexed with page number at 1st page must reach the University by 17.09.2020 (up to 5.00 PM) in the office of Registrar, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University, Village Pallri, Bahalgarh-Meerut Road, S.B.I.T, Sonepat (Haryana)-131001.
- The name of the post must be mentioned on the top of envelop. 34. Print/Hard copy of the online application along with its enclosure received after due/last date or incomplete applications shall not be entertained. In case, last date for submission of print/ hard copy falls on holiday, then next working day shall be treated as last date.
- Start of online submission of Applications: 20.08.2020, 05:30 PM onward.
- Last Date for Online Submission of Applications: 10.09.2020 up to 05:30 PM
- Last Date for Receipt of Print Copy of Application: 17.09.2020 up to 05:00 PM.
To Access Official Notification, click here