Jamia Millia Islamia invites applications are invited from the Indian Nationals including overseas citizens of India for Direct Recruitment for the post of Assistant Professor (Law).
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor (Law)
No. of Post: 01 (One)
Essential Qualification and Experience
- A) A Master 's degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
- Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Byelaws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.Dwork in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC /ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
- The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned. Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such master's Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET. OR
- B) The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
How to apply?
- Interested candidates are required to submit in the application forms and must enclose the attested copies of degrees, diplomas, mark-sheets, etc. giving reference of experience/published work with application form.
- Application received late or without necessary supporting documents, Degree/Certificates/Mark Sheets and experience certificate not Self-attested/the Head of the Department/Institutions shall be rejected summarily.
- Qualifications, experience, etc. will be reckoned as on the last date for receipt of filled in applications i.e. 01.04.2020. Incomplete applications or applications on plain paper will not be entertained and are liable to be rejected. The University will not be responsible for any postal delay in case of receipt of application forms.
To Access Official Notification click here