Sambalpur University invites application for the post of Assistant Professor under Law Department.
Name of Post: Assistant Professor (Law)
No. of Post: 01 (One)
Pay Scale: Scale of Pay-Rs. 57,700 -Rs. 1,82,400] Academic Level 10 in the Pay Matrix (7th Pay)
Essential Qualification and Experience
- A Master's Degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or similar tests accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award or M.phil/ph.D. Degree) Regulations,2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
- Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July II, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode,
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners,
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidates has been conducted,
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal,
How to apply?
- Candidates are required to submit seven (07) copies of filled-in Application forms and Summary sheets in the prescribed format with one (01) set of self-attested photocopies of certificates, mark sheets, research publications and other documents. The candidate has to write the Advertisement Number, Date and the Post Applied for in the Application Form. The application only through Speed Post/ Registered Post must reach the Registrar. Sambalpur University on or before 16.03.2020.
To Access Official Notification click here