Tata Institute of Social Sciences invites online application for the post of Assistant Professor (Law).
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor (Law)
Pay Scale: As per 7th Pay CPC
Essential Qualification and Experience
- A Postgraduate degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/ subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET. Those who have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016/ 2019 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be, are exempted from NET/SLET/SET: Candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions :-
(a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
(b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
(c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
(d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
(e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/ seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency; OR
- The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
How to apply?
- To apply online click here
- The online applications will open on 16th June 2020
- The last date for receipt of applications is 10th July 2020.
To Access Official Notification click here