UTKAL University, Bhubaneswar invites application for the post of Assistant Professor (Law).
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor (Law)
No. of Post: 01 (One)
Pay Scale: Level-10 of Pay Matrix of Orissa Revised Scale of pay for University Teachers Rules, 2019
· A Master`s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
· Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standard and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
· Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances / Bye-laws / Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor in the University subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
1. The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in regular mode only;
2. The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
3. An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
4. The candidate has published two research papers from her/his Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
5. The candidate has presented at least two papers, based on her/his Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/ funded/supported by the UGC/ ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
How to apply?
· Online applications may be filled in with utmost care. The printout of application form (seven copies) should be sent along with the required documents to the Registrar, Utkal University, Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar-751004 by SPEED POST/REGISTERED POST / Intemational Courier (only for candidates abroad) so as to reach on or before 11th March 2020. One master copy should contain all required documents while the other six copies should be the print out of the application form.
· The supporting documents should be numbered in accordance with the sequence of the application form and submitted so as to reach within 7(Seven) days from the closing date of receipt of online application.
· The envelopes containing the application should be superscribed "APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT PROFESSOR"
· Opening Date of Online Application 04.02.2020
· Closing Date of Online Application 04.03.2020 at 23:59:59
· Closing Date of Receipt of Printed copy of Application: 11.03.2020 at 17:00 PM
To Access Official Notification click here