Assistant Professor Of Law Vacancy At NLUJA Assam
26 Jun 2019 1:36 PM GMT
The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) invites applications for the following regular faculty positions in Law.
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor of Law
No. of Post: 01 (One)
Pay Scale: As per 7CPC (Academic Level 10 with rationalized entry pay of Rs. 57,700/-)
- A Master's degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian university, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. Relaxations of 5% shall be allowed at the Master Level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / OBC (NCL) / Differently Abled Category for eligibility and assessing the good academic record for direct recruitment. The eligibility marks of 55% (or equivalent grade) and the relaxation of 5% to the above-mentioned categories are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace marks procedure.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
- Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. program prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Byelaws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which is the least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR / CSIR or any similar agency.
How to apply?
- The Application form may be printed/downloaded by the candidates from the NLUJAA website http://www.nluassam.ac.in and the duly filled-in application form may be submitted along with the demand draft of Rs. 2000/- in case of General category and Rs. 1500/- in case of SC/ST/PC categories (drawn in favour of Registrar, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam) to the Registrar, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam, Hajo Road, Amingaon, P.O.- Amingaon, Dist. Kamrup (Rural), Guwahati-781031, Assam (India), E-mail ID: email@example.com
- The applications should reach the University on or before 02.07.2019
To Access Official Notification click here
To Access Application form click here
To Access General Guidelines click here