Assistant Professor Of Law Vacancy At NLUJA Assam
The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) invites applications for the following regular faculty positions in Law.
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor of Law
No. of Post: 01 (One)
Pay Scale: As per 7CPC (Academic Level 10 with rationalized entry pay of Rs. 57,700/-)
- A Master's degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian university, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. Relaxations of 5% shall be allowed at the Master Level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / OBC (NCL) / Differently Abled Category for eligibility and assessing the good academic record for direct recruitment. The eligibility marks of 55% (or equivalent grade) and the relaxation of 5% to the above-mentioned categories are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace marks procedure.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
- Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. program prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Byelaws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which is the least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR / CSIR or any similar agency.
How to apply?
- The Application form may be printed/downloaded by the candidates from the NLUJAA website http://www.nluassam.ac.in and the duly filled-in application form may be submitted along with the demand draft of Rs. 2000/- in case of General category and Rs. 1500/- in case of SC/ST/PC categories (drawn in favour of Registrar, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam) to the Registrar, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam, Hajo Road, Amingaon, P.O.- Amingaon, Dist. Kamrup (Rural), Guwahati-781031, Assam (India), E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The applications should reach the University on or before 02.07.2019
To Access Official Notification click here
To Access Application form click here
To Access General Guidelines click here