National Law University, Delhi through Project 39A (P39A) is seeking to engage Associates (Litigation), on a contractual basis for one year initially and can be extended on an annual basis at the discretion of the University at its campus in Dwarka, New Delhi.
Name of the Post: Litigation Associate
No. of Post: 02 (Two)
Compensation: The compensation will be Rs. 55,000 per month but it is negotiable in case of candidates with exceptional qualifications and experience.
- Represent individuals sentenced to death before the Supreme Court and High Courts
- Prepare case strategy on both conviction and sentencing
- Draft appeals, petitions, written submissions etc.
- Brief eminent senior advocates
- Legal interviews with prisoners sentenced to death and their families across India
Essential Qualification and Experience
- Law graduates with Bar Council enrolment
- At least 2 years criminal law experience
- Proficiency in regional languages (particularly Marathi) will be an advantage
How to apply?
- Interested persons may send their resumé and a statement of purpose, explaining their interest in working on the issue of death penalty and the contribution that they see themselves making through this position.
- The statement of purpose must not exceed 500 words. Please send your resumé and statement of purpose to email@example.com. The subject of the email should be "Project 39A - Application for Associate (Litigation)".
- Please note that the subject line should be exactly the same as mentioned above. Applications will be rejected for non-compliance with this requirement.
- Applications must reach us no later than July 15, 2020 after which the applications will not be accepted. Shortlisted candidates will be called for online interviews and tests through July 18-19, 2020.
To Access Official Notification click here