Twitter invites application for the post of Legal Counsel as an experienced lawyer who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad responsibilities.
Name of the Post: Legal Counsel
Location: Delhi, India
- At least 7 years of relevant post-qualification experience as an attorney-at-law or Advocate.
- Current Legal Counsels and Senior Legal Counsels are encouraged to apply.
- At least 3 years of relevant in-house or secondment experience with a digital media, advertising or technology company.
- Significant experience with intellectual property, internet, privacy, content regulation, consumer protection, antitrust/competition law, litigation, compliance, advertising and contract law as well as dealing with law enforcement inquiries, and interacting with government agencies and trade associations.
- Successful track record of working collaboratively across the world with colleagues in different time zones.
- Demonstrated sound business and legal judgment. Entrepreneurial mindset: flexible, self-starting and hard-working.
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth with excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be fluent in English and fluency in Hindi and/or other Indian languages is a plus.
- Law degree (LL.M. preferred) with a strong academic record and qualified to practice law in India.
- Legal Counsel will be responsible for and the first point of contact for a wide range of legal and regulatory matters that arise in India. You'll work on important matters between Twitter and its partners, customers, advertisers and vendors.
- Working closely with Legal team colleagues in San Francisco, Singapore and around the world, as well as advice on legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to Twitter's business in India.
- Negotiating and drafting sales, partner, supplier, contractor and other commercial agreements.
- Advising on intellectual property, privacy, content regulation, consumer protection, antitrust/competition laws, litigation, employment, advertising laws and regulations, as well as law enforcement and other related issues in India.
- Working collaboratively with and supporting other teams, including Sales, Partnerships, Public Policy and Trust & Safety, Compliance, Sales, HR and Finance.
To Access Official Notification click here