The government of Tamil Nadu Public (Law Officers) Department invites applications for the post of Additional Government Pleader at the High Court of Madras and Madurai Bench of High Court of Madras.
Name of the Post: Additional Government Pleader
No. of Post: 38 (High Court of Madars) and 17 (Madurai Bench of High Court of Madras)
Essential Qualification and Experience
• A degree of Bachelor of Law from a University incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
• Registered with a Bar Council under the Advocates Act, 1961
• As an advocate having a practice of not less than seven years, out of which a minimum of not less than five years in the High Court.
How to apply?
• The interested candidates are required to submit in their applicants in the prescribed format with a detailed biodata/ CV containing the educational qualifications of the applicant (along with self-attested copies of such certificates), particulars of previous jobs held/work experience, notable/reported cases argued/handled, panels/ assignments previously/currently held shall send or give their application through Registered post or in-person to the Secretary to 'Government, Public Department, Secretariat, Chennai - 600 009 by 29.07.2021 before 5.45 PM.
• A letter from a Senior of 25 years experience or from a recognized Bar; or Advocates Association of the High Court to establish the minimum practice required for the post applied.
• A self-attested copy of the registration certificate of the applicant with the concerned Bar Council.
• The envelope should be superscribed as "Application for the post of Additional Government Pleader". The application received after the due date/time will summarily be rejected.
To Access Official Notification, click here