School of Maritime Law, Policy & Administration of Gujarat Maritime University invites application for the post of Assistant Professor of Law (Maritime Law/International Trade Law) on a contractual basis.
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor of Law (Maritime Law/International Trade Law)
No.of Post: 01 (One)
PayScale: Rs. 57700 - 182400 (Academic Level -10) 7thCPC
EssentiaQualification and Experience
- A Master's degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared theNational Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum standards and Procedure for Award of M.PhiI./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET
- Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then-existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open PhD. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted,
- the candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency
- The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean(Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
How to apply?
- Interested candidates are required to submit their application in the prescribed application form in PDF Format to [email protected].
- Candidates shall enclose self-attested copies of certificates towards the evidence of Age,Educational Qualification, Caste, Physical Disability, Experience, etc. with application(s).
- The last date & time of receipt of application is of 20th January 2021,5:00 PM
To Access Official Notification, click here
To Access Application Form, click here