Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) invites Expression of Interest (EOI) for Empanelment of Advocate(s)/Law Firm(s) for handling various legal matters pertaining to the Institute as well as dealing with its cases in the various Courts/Forums/ Authorities for this Institute.
Name of the Post: Advocate / Law Firm
• The Advocate or representative partner/member of the Law firm shall possess a professional degree in Law from a recognized University/Institute and should be enrolled as an Advocate with Bar Council.
• An Advocate to be eligible for empanelment shall have active practice in the respective Court/Tribunals/Forums for at least twenty years at the bar.
• The Advocate/Law firm should have been on the panel of at least two Institute(s)/organization(s), out of which at least one should be a Government / Semi-Government/Autonomous Institutes/organization under Central or State Government.
• The Advocate(s)/Law Firm(s) shall be considered, having regard to their relevant experience and expertise in Civil Cases, Criminal Cases, Service Laws, Labour Laws, Taxation Laws, Consumer Forums, Public Premises & Eviction Laws and other Acts, Rules and Regulations relating to educational institutions or otherwise.
• The Advocate(s)/Law Firm(s) should be well versed with the Institutes of Technology Act, 1961 and the Statutes, Rules and Regulations framed there under.
• Advocate(s)/Law Firm(s) must have adequate infrastructure including Office, Computer with e-mail facility, well maintained Law journal/library etc.
• Preference shall be given to Advocate(s)/Law Firm(s) having more relevant experience and having exposure in dealing matters on behalf of educational Institute/University.
How to apply?
• The interested Advocate(s)/Law Firm(s) who desire to be considered for empanelment and meeting the eligibility criteria may submit their application/Expression of Interest in prescribe formats (Appendix-A, B and C of the Official Notification) on or before 22.04.2021 to the "Assistant Registrar, Room No. FB-201, Legal Cell, Faculty Building, IIT Kanpur, Kanpur–208016".
To Access Official Notification, click here