Teaching Vacancies At The National Law School Of India University (NLSIU)
1 Feb 2022 6:13 PM GMT
The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) invites online application for the post of Professor (Law), Assistant Professor (Law) & Associate Professor (Law) under all major Law subjects including Contracts, Property, Criminal Law, Torts, Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Company Law, Labour Law, International Law, Human Rights, Family Law, Jurisprudence, Civil Procedure, Environmental Law, Taxation Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Name of the Post: Professor (Law), Assistant Professor (Law) & Associate Professor (Law)
No. of Post:
Professor (Law): 01 (One)
Assistant Professor (Law): 03 (Three)
Associate Professor (Law): 06 (Six)
Essential Qualification and Experience
• A) (i) An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120 as per the UGC Regulations, 2018;
• (ii) A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college as an Assistant Professor /Associate Professor/Professor, and/or research experience at the equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidate; OR
• B) An outstanding professional, having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions/ industry, who has made a significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years experience.
Associate Professor (Law)
• A good academic record, with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
• A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College, or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy-five (75) as per the criteria as per the UGC Regulations, 2018.
Assistant Professor (Law/ Social Sciences)
• A) The candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET subject to the following exemptions: (i) Ph.D. Degree holders may be exempted. Provided, candidates who have registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:- a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode; b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners; c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted; d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal; e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency. (ii) Candidates who completed Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/ SLET/ SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR, or similar test accredited by the UGC; Or
• B) The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among the top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
How to apply?
• To apply online, click here
• The last date to submit online application is on or before 4th February 2022.
To Access Official Notification, click here
To Access Other Legal Vacancies At NLSIU, click here