National Law University, Delhi has invited nominations and/or self-nominations for the Post of Vice-Chancellor of the University.
Deadline for Application: 11th November 2019
- The candidate should be a distinguished academician, with a minimum of ten years of experience as Professor in a University or ten years of experience in a reputed research and/ or academic administrative organisation with proof of having demonstrated academic leadership.
- The Vice Chancellor should be an academic person and outstanding scholar in law/ relevant subject/ or an eminent jurist.
Duration of Appointment:
- The Vice-Chancellor would hold office for a term of five years or until she/ he attains the age of seventy years, whichever is earlier.
- The candidate shall be eligible for reappointment for further term till she/ he attains the age of seventy years.
Salary and Allowances:
- The post of Vice-Chancellor carries a basic pay of Rs. 2,10,000, DA of Rs. 25,200, Medical Allowance of Rs. 2000 and a Special Allowance of Rs. 11250.
- The Vice-Chancellor would be expected to stay at the residential accommodation at the NLU Delhi Campus and no House Rent allowance will be paid in lieu thereof. The vice-chancellor is provided with an official car.
Duly filled in applications should be submitted either by email at [email protected], or by speed post duly super-scribing the envelope "Applications for the post of Vice-Chancellor" so as to reach 'The Convenor, VC Selection Committee, National Law University Delhi, Dwarka Sector 14, New Delhi – 110078'.
The official notification and application form can be accessed here.
National Law University Delhi was established in 2008. Prof. (Dr.) Ranbir Singh is the founding Vice-Chancellor of the University. He continues to be the Vice Chancellor of the University currently.