The Young MCIA steering committee will be chaired by Sheila Ahuja of Allen & Overy (Singapore office) and Rishab Gupta of Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas (Mumbai office).
The committee, which focuses on international arbitration related initiatives for the under-40s, will now comprise of 19 members. Nearly half of those members are based in India. The remaining members are leading young arbitration practitioners at international law firms in Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, London, Geneva and New York City.
MCIA Registrar & Secretary General Neeti Sachdeva welcomed the new committee noting that: "YMCIA community of young energetic and motivated arbitration practitioners has been steadily growing since it was launched in 2017. We are confident that under the leadership of Rishab Gupta and Sheila Ahuja it will grow further and provide an excellent networking and training platform for young practitioners to hone their skills".
Since its launch in 2017, the Young MCIA membership base has grown steadily to become a global network of over 650 young lawyers from within various cities in India as well as a wide range of jurisdictions internationally.
Young MCIA Committee Members
- Sheila Ahuja, Allen & Overy (Singapore) – Co Chair
- Rishab Gupta, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas (Mumbai) – Co Chair
- Harshavardhan Kotla, Advocate (New Delhi)
- Mumtaz Bhalla, Luthra & Luthra (New Delhi)
- Suruchi Suri, Suri and Company (New Delhi)
- Montek Mayal, FTI Consulting (New Delhi)
- Alipak Banerjee, Nishith Desai Associates (New Delhi)
- Karan Bhosle, Advocate (Mumbai)
- Manavendra Mishra, Khaitan & Co. (Mumbai)
- Anirudh Krishnan, AK Law Chambers (Chennai)
- Eva Kalnina, Lévy Kaufmann-Kohler (Geneva)
- Kritika Venugopal, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP (Singapore)
- Yuet Min Foo, Drew & Napier (Singapore)
- Matthew Brown, Clifford Chance Pte. Ltd. (Singapore)
- Jae Ha Kwon, Kim & Chang (Korea)
- Deepa Somasunderam, Mishcon de Reya (London)
- Manish Aggarwal, Three Crowns LLP (London)
- Kabir Duggal, Arnold & Porter (New York)
- Taeko Suzuki, Nishimura & Asahi (Japan)""