The Indian Review of Corporate and Commercial Laws (IRCCL) is a blog that publishes articles on current issues relating to corporate law, dispute resolution, anti-trust, taxation, insolvency law, trade law, and labour and employment law. The aim of the blog is to create a writing community, consisting of students, research scholars and practitioners, to generate debate and discussion in the aforesaid areas.
Who can apply?
· Any person currently studying in a recognized law school may apply for the position of Editor. Preference would be given to students having an interest in the field of insolvency law, taxation law or corporate law.
· Please note that a person already holding an editorial position at a publication platform dealing with corporate and commercial laws would not be eligible for applying for the position.
· At IRCCL, previous experience counts. However, an application would be considered if the person has had some publication experience, even though he/she may not have held any editorial position in the past.
Role of an Editor
· An Editor at IRCCL is expected to review articles, submitted on a rolling basis, by law students and practitioners.
· Typically, the interest area of the Editor is taken into consideration while allocating articles to her/him for review. An article is expected to be reviewed within a period of 5 working days from the date of its receipt.
How to apply?
· Those interested in applying may send their CVs, along with a cover e-mail, to email@example.com. The subject line should read as "Application for Editorial Position". The cover e-mail must give a brief profile of the applicant and highlight her / his interest areas. The deadline for submission of the application is October 2, 2019.
· The first round will entail review of the cover letter and the CV of the candidates. This will be followed by a telephonic conversation with the shortlisted candidates wherein they will be evaluated on the basis of their passion for research and writing and their perception of how a legal blog should operate, among other things.
For any queries Email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Query regarding Call for Editors".