NLSIU along with CEERA is organizing a two-day National Seminar on Legal Ethical and Contractual Issues in Sports on 27th and 29th July 2019.
Who can apply?
· Lawyers, Academicians, and Law Students
· Sports Persons & Industry Professionals, including Managers of Sporting Events
· Representatives from Sports Management Companies and other Institutions
· Representatives of Governing and Regulatory Bodies
Themes: Legal Ethical and Contractual Issues
· Contract Management by Sports Management companies.
· Branding and Image Rights of Sportspersons.
· Recent Trends in Insurance & Risk Management in Sporting Events.
· Broadcast Rights of Stakeholders of Sporting Events, including Sportspersons, Management Companies, Franchises.
· Law on Doping & Unethical Practices in Sports: A Comparative Analysis.
· "Arbitration and Courts": The Third Umpire in Sports Dispute Resolution.
· Challenges to the regulation of Private Professional Competition Events, Leagues.
· Endorsement Rights: Player v. Franchise/Club/League.
· The implication for Minors in Sports Contracts.
· Abuse of Dominance and Competition Issues in Sports.
· Abstracts of not more than 500 words, for original research papers on the above-mentioned themes are invited, submitted as Word documents, with a covering letter containing the name and designation of the author(s).
· There can be a maximum of only two Authors for each Abstract/Paper.
· Authors of shortlisted abstracts shall be required to send their full-length papers who would have the privilege of presenting their paper at this seminar.
· The full-length research papers in case of short articles should be 3500 – 5000 words (inclusive of footnotes), and around 8000 words (inclusive of footnotes) in case of long articles.
· All Abstracts to be sent via e-mail to Mr. Rohith Kamath at [email protected] on or before July 1, 2019.
· The selected papers shall be compiled and published in the upcoming Online Legal Journal "Sports- Law & Justice" edited by CEERA, NLSIU.
Registration Procedure and Fee Details
· For Each Participant: INR 2,500/- [Non-Residential]
· Registration fees may be paid by DD drawn in favour of National Law School of India University and sent along with the
· The Registration Form attached herewith or through NEFT transfer, as per the bank details are given below. Once the NEFT is done, the participant(s) must send the BANK TRANSACTION ID to [email protected].
· The fee covers the Registration, lunch, tea/coffee during the Breaks for the Two-Day Event. Participants will need to make their own arrangements for boarding/lodging.
· Abstract Submission: July 1, 2019
· Communication for Acceptance of Abstract: July 2, 2019
· Last Date for Registration: July 5, 2019
· Submission of Full-Length Papers: July 20, 2019
For any queries Email Ms. Susheela Suresh, Secretary, CEERA, NLSIU at [email protected]
To Access Brochure / Registration form click here