The NLUO Student Law Journal is a student-run, peer reviewed academic journal published semi-annually and bears the ISSN No. 2305-062X. It is now accepting submissions for its forthcoming Volume 5 Issue 1 (2020). Contributions are solicited from undergraduate and postgraduate students of law and other disciplines. In exceptional cases, submissions from full-time doctoral students may be considered at the discretion of the editorial board.
· Articles (about 6000-8000).
· Comments (specific to a single issue) (about 3000-4000 words).
· Case/Legislative Comments (about 3000 words).
· Book Reviews (about 2000 words).
· The word limits above are exclusive of footnotes.
· Please format submissions according to the NLUO-SLJ Stylesheet downloadable from the link click here
· A maximum of three co-authors is permissible for articles, and a maximum of two for short notes. Comments and book reviews must be by individual authors only.
· Please note that NLUO-SLJ follows a strict no-plagiarism policy.
· Submissions are subjected to plagiarism checks commensurate with appropriate international standards. NLUO-SLJ also follows a strict exclusive submission policy. No submission should be published or under consideration for publication anywhere else.
· Any infringement shall be liable for automatic disqualification.
· NLUO-SLJ accepts submissions only through e-mail. MS Word (.doc, .docx) and Open Office Writer (.pdf) are the only accepted file formats. Files in other formats, particularly PDF, shall not be considered.
· Last Date for the submissions is 20 April 2020
· All the Submissions may be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the covering e-mail should contain the following:
1. Mention of the fact that it is a submission for Volume 5 Issue 1
2. If a short note, case comment, legislative comment, or book review, then the type of submission (not applicable for articles)
3. The abbreviated title of the submission.
· The covering e-mail should contain the following particulars:
1. Full title of the submission
2. Type of the submission
3. Word count
4. The name, affiliation, and contact details of the author (in case of multiple authors, the names and affiliations of all authors, and the contact details of the corresponding author)
· NLUO-SLJ strongly recommend that prior to submission, authors take utmost care to ensure that the following are complied with.
· Please ensure that references correspond strictly to prescribed guidelines.
· Please refrain from using unnecessary decorations, specifically page borders.
· Please ensure submissions are single spaced throughout, and with no paragraph formatting features such as spacing above paragraph or spacing below paragraph.
· When referring to journals, ensure that the full name is used and not abbreviations.
· Submissions plagiarized beyond acceptable standards are liable to be summarily rejected.
NB: We accept rolling submissions. Submissions received after the deadline may be considered for the next issue.
For further clarifications contact the NLUO Student Law Journal Team at email@example.com