Call For Papers: Int'l Conference On Victim Justice [NLU Delhi; 21st-22nd June]
The K. L. Arora Chair in Criminal Law and Centre for Criminology and Victimology is organising an international conference on "Reforming Prosecution for Victim Justice".
Dates: June 21st- 22nd, 2019
Venue: National Law University, Delhi.
This conference is being organised in association with the Indian Society of Victimology (ISV). Through this conference, both the institutions aim to bring forth the ideas to strengthen prosecution system from the perspective of crime victims.
- Victimological critique of prosecution
- Prosecution services and protection of vulnerable groups (children, elderly, disabled, women, etc.)
- Prosecution and victims' rights
- Victim friendly prosecution
- Secondary victimisation and victim blaming in prosecution
- Strengthening prosecution for victim justice - structural and functional reforms
- Prosecution and victims of abuse of power
- Judicial activism and victims' justice
- Consideration in withdrawal of prosecution
The conference is open to paper presentations. Teachers, researcher, activists, and lawyers etc. are invited to participate in the conference. Up to 50 presenters may present their papers during the conference.
- Deadline for Submission of Abstracts: 25th May 2019
- Acceptance notification of paper: within one week after submission, on the University website
- Last date for full paper submission: 15th June 2019
The brochure for the conference can be found here.
The abstract submission form can be found here.