11 Nov 2023 10:53 AM GMT
The University of Delhi has designed Certificate Course on Patents to introduce the various stakeholders to some of the objectives as listed below:1. This course aims to familiarize students with the need for creation, protection, commercialization, and valuation of intellectual property, specifically Patents.2. The course aims to cursorily familiarize students with the various forms...
The University of Delhi has designed Certificate Course on Patents to introduce the various stakeholders to some of the objectives as listed below:
1. This course aims to familiarize students with the need for creation, protection, commercialization, and valuation of intellectual property, specifically Patents.
2. The course aims to cursorily familiarize students with the various forms of Intellectual Property Rights.
3. Course deals with patent prosecution along with relevant case studies.
4. This course also aims to feature expositions of emerging patent trends in exponential technologies like Artificial intelligence, Advanced Robotics, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Biotechnology, Nano-Technology, CRIs (Computer Related Inventions) & telecommunications, and their patenting issues which in turn lead to myriad legal & practical challenges for the lawmakers and for other stakeholders.
5. This course aims to highlight various schemes of GOI for promoting innovation and patent filing for universities, start-ups & budding entrepreneurs and the Organogram of various Govt. bodies.
Unit-I: Introduction to IPR and Types of IPR
Unit-II: Highlights of Indian Legislative & Policy framework on Patents and Patent Prosecution. (Hands-on training)
Unit-III: Expanding Boundaries of Patent Protection & Emerging Patent Trends in Exponential Technologies
Unit-IV: Commercialization and Management of Patents Unit-V: Forums, Processes, Government Bodies & Initiatives and International Treaties
Unit-VI: Patent Licensing & Tech-Transfer
Unit-VII: Industrial Application of Patents
Unit VIII: Intellectual Property Policy Reforms & IP Enforcement Unit IX: Hands-on-Training on Patent Search & Patent Drafting (Offline)
Unit: X: Hands-on-Training on Licensing & Technology Transfer (Offline)
Continuous Evaluation through:
1. Written class tests and assignments on completion of each module by the instructor (to be submitted to the Course coordinator)
2. Seminar presentations etc.
MODALITIES OF THE COURSE
1. The course is in Hybrid Mode. 48 hours online & 12 hours offline.
2. The students intake is 300 per batch and there will be multiple batches per year.
3. The required minimum qualification is graduation in any discipline (completed/pursuing) or 12th Pass.
4. The Course fee is Rs 5000/- per student.
5. The duration of the course is 3 months.
6. The classes will be of 2 hours each on Saturday and Sunday. The assessment method is continuous evaluation by taking written class tests and assignments and/or quiz/viva, problem solving exercises and/or Seminar Presentations etc.
For more details, refer to the brochure here