The Chamber of Tax Consultants has been organising the Dastur Essay Competition since 2012 for Law Students and Article Trainees pursuing CA, CS and ICWA Courses, where essays on current topics are invited and then the same are judged by senior professionals with prizes and certificates being awarded to meritorious essays.
Topics that have been selected for the Eighth Dastur Essay Competition are:
• Feminism, a misunderstood concept today.
• Trade wars or Territorial wars, the next global battle.
• Right to privacy, its sanctity in India.
• Only one Essay per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
• The Essay must be written in English.
• Only original Essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration of publication or a contest elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the Essay. The participants will submit a separate undertaking with regard to the originality of work.
• Identification mark must not be found in any part of the Essay.
• Participation is restricted to students enrolled in the 3-year LL.B course or the 5-year integrated law course or CA Article or CS/ICWA trainees only. Participants must be below 28 years as on date of submission.
• Participants may register (no registration fee) by sending a mail to [email protected] on or before 25th January 2019, mentioning:
• Two hard copies of each entry in the format mentioned in paras 2.2 to 2.4 must be posted/couriered or delivered to: The Chamber of Tax Consultants, 3 Rewa Chambers, Ground Floor, 31, New Marine Lines, Mumbai–400 020.
• The participants may send their entries in the format mentioned in the notification below by e-mail in PDF File document forwarded to [email protected] Essays sent by e-mail will be rejected if there are no proper attachments.
• Essays must reach the above-mentioned address on or before 28th February, 2019.
• A Certificate of merit, mementoes and a prize shall be awarded to each of the 3 best Essays.
• The prizes awarded shall be as follows:
• Consolation Prizes shall be awarded to the next best 7 Essays.4
• Certificate of participation will be issued to each of the participants.
• The best 3 Essays will be published along with a photograph of the participants in The Chamber's Journal and the best 10 Essays will be uploaded on the website of The Chamber.
• All winners shall be duly intimated by e-mail or telephone and called upon to be felicitated at the time of AGM to be held on 4th July, 2019.
For any queries E-mail at [email protected]; or call at 2200 1787 / 2209 0423 / 2200 2455
For official notification click here