The ILSA Chapter Law College Dehradun is organizing the "International Legal Essay Competition, 2019" on 'International Law Regime' with a special focus on International Humanitarian Law.
Theme: The theme for the Essay Competition shall be 'International Law Regime' with a special focus on International Humanitarian Law. The topics must be chosen from/inspired by the aspects of International Humanitarian Law only.
Who can apply?
• Students pursuing the three or five-year LL.B. course in the academic year 2018-2019 from any Law school/ college/ university affiliated in India are eligible to participate. Students from around the world pursuing law courses are also eligible to participate.
• Students pursuing their LL.M. in the academic year 2019-2020 from any Law school/ college/ university are eligible to participate.
• Students pursuing their Graduation/ Masters in areas related to Humanitarian Law in the academic year 2018-2019 are eligible to participate.
• Submission of Abstract shall amount to registration for the Competition.
• A brief abstract not exceeding 250-300 words, on the topic chosen, must be emailed to the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format on or before 7 July 2019.
• The word limit for the essay is 3000-5000 words.
• The subject of the email must be "Abstract Submission for ILSA LCD CHAPTER International Legal Essay Competition, 2019".
• The soft copy of the essay must be emailed to administrators (one in MS Word .doc/ .docx format and one in PDF) at email@example.com latest by 15th August 2019.
• The subject of the e-mail must be "Essay Submission FROM UIN*****", wherein UIN shall be the Five (5) Digit/Character UIN allotted upon Abstract Submission.
• Release of Competition: 8th June 2019
• Last Date for Abstract Submission: 7th July 2019
• Last Date for Essay Submission: 15th August 2019
• Declaration of Results: Last week of September 2019
• The author with the highest score in an essay will be declared as the "Winner" and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 25,000/-
• The author with the second highest score in an essay will be declared as the "1st Runner-up" and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 15,000/-
• The author with the third highest score in an essay will be declared as the "2nd Runner-up" and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 10,000/-
• Consolation Prizes shall also be awarded to five (5) participants, of INR 3000 each.
• Top Ten Entries shall be awarded a Certificate of Merit.
• Participation Certificate in Essay Competition shall be awarded, via email, to all the participants upon the successful submission of the Essay.
For any queries E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Access Brochure click here