IDIA Kerala Chapter is organizing Literary events comprising a memorial writing competition, a judgment writing competition and an essay writing competition. The last date of registration is 5th April 2021.
Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) started as a student-run movement in 2010 from West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences. Founded by Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer, the movement seeks to empower underprivileged students and help them transform into leading lawyers and community advocates by giving them access to quality legal education. IDIA Kerala Chapter is run by the students of the National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi.
Participation and Qualification
- Qualifications of Team members: The Competition is open to students enrolled full time in a university, pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Law, at the time of Competition. They are required to produce a bonafide letter/a copy of the college ID card from their institution. Students enrolled in research degrees are not eligible to participate.
- The number of members for the memorial and essay writing competition: only an individual entry.
- The number of members for judgment writing competition: an individual entry or a team of not more than two members.
Prizes For Winners
- Memorial Writing: The first prize is an internship with Trilegal Bangalore.
- Essay Writing: Top 3 prizes with WorldWise's Law Firm Boot Camp worth 7.5k + publication in NUALS Law Journal Blog (for the first prize only)
- Judgement Writing: Top 2 prizes with a certificate course sponsored by Enhelion worth Rs 3998. The top 5 participants/teams will be awarded a merit certificate for all the competitions.
How to Register? (Minimum Contribution)
- Individual participation: Rs 500/-
- To Register for memorial writing competition, click here
- Individual participation: Rs 150/-
- To Register for the essay writing competition, click here
- Individual participation: Rs 250/-
- Team participation: Rs 400/-
- To Register for the judgment writing competition, click here
If an author is interested in registering for all three events, click here.
Note: All participants shall also inform the OC through e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, about the registration fee's payment with relevant transaction details.
- KV Kailash Ramanathan: +91 99402 65368 (Memorial Writing)
- Tinu George: +91 62353 77447 (Essay Writing)
- Poorthi Balakrishnan: +91 9791034136 (Judgement Writing)
For Brochure of memorial writing competition, click here.
For Brochure of essay writing competition, click here.
For Brochure of judgement writing competition, click here
For Poster of essay writing competition, click here
For Poster of memorial writing competition, click here
For Poster of Judgment writing competition, click here
For combined poster, click here
For Website of IDIA, click here.