NLSIU Animal Protection PIL Competition
26 Nov 2019 4:12 PM GMT
NLSIU, SNHP will be hosting the Animal Protection PIL Competition 2020 to be held on the 3rd to 5th January 2020.
The competition has three themes on which the PIL has to be filed and then subsequently argued by the participants. The competition will be in two phases:
- Written submission qualifier.
- The Top 16 teams will be invited to NLSIU to argue their PIL in front of our panels of judges.
- Note: The competition allows for both university teams and cross teams.
- The themes for this edition of the competition are(you may choose to make the written submission on any one of the following themes):
- Polluter Pay Principle
- False Advertising in the chicken Industry
- Lack of legislation on the maintenance and rearing of farmed pigs.
- Winners: A prize money of Rs 25,000 for the entire team. In addition to the cash prize, the members of the winning team will also be given the opportunity to intern with Humane Society International.
- Runners Up: A prize money of Rs 15,000 for the entire team.
- Best Memorial: The teams that prepare the Best Memorials in each theme will be awarded a prize money of Rs 10,000 for each team.
- Best Speaker: The best speaker throughout the rounds at NLSAPPC 2019 will be awarded prize money worth Rs 7500. Along with the prize money, team members of the winning teams and the runners-up will be offered internships with Humane International Society/ India (HSI), Bangalore.
- All prize winners will be awarded a certificate of merit.
- Each Team must register for the Competition by completing the Online Registration Form available before 12:00 am on the 3rd December 2019. The Registration Fee for the Competition is to be paid through a wire transfer, the details of which are contained in Annexure-1.
- All teams registering for the competition will have to pay the registration fees of Rs. 4,500. Teams who do not qualify the Memorial Round will be awarded a Certification of Participation for the competition.
- All teams must email a scanned copy of the wire transfer receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The wire transfer receipt must be emailed to the organizers within 15 days of the expiry of the deadline, i.e., 18th December 2019.
- Teams that successfully register will be allotted a team code.
- Teams must not reveal their university, or country of origin, or names of the participants, anywhere in the Memorial, Compendium, Documents given to the judges, or in any other manner whatsoever. Teams must also not make use of or display in any manner whatsoever any logo, pins, badges etc. in the Memorials, Compendium, Documents given to the judges, or in any other way whatsoever. A Team must be identified only by the Team Number that will be allotted to it after registration.
- Teams must mail their transfer details to email@example.com latest by 18th December 2019.
- Release of Themes: 19th November 2019.
- Last date for registration: 12AM, 3rd December 2019
- Last date of payment and sending online receipt: 18th December 2019.
- Last date for seeking clarifications: 30th November 2019.
- Last Date for Written Submission: 19th December 2019.
- Competition: 3rd to 5th January 2020
To Access Brochure click here