RGNUL: Ratan K. Singh Essay Competition On International Arbitration
The Alternative Dispute Resolution Cell (ADRC) of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab and the Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University, USA are jointly organising the Ratan K. Singh Essay Writing Competition on International Arbitration.
Theme: Challenges Facing International Arbitration and their Possible Solutions
- Increasing Diversity in International Arbitration
- Role of Technological Innovation in International Arbitration
- Improving efficiency of International Arbitration
- Bringing consistency and certainty in the international arbitration jurisprudence
- Erosion of the principle of party autonomy in international arbitration
- Abuse of Process in International Arbitration
- Enforceability of Awards in International Arbitration
- Third Party Funding in International Arbitration
- Impartiality and Independence of Arbitrators in International Arbitration
Who can apply?
- Students, research scholars, academicians and lawyers aged 40 years and below can participate in the competition
- The essays must be submitted in English language only and must be in Microsoft Word format (.doc/.docx). Essays in any other formats/languages will not be accepted.
- The essays should be the original work of the author. Any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification. The essays published elsewhere or selected/submitted for publication elsewhere shall also be disqualified. Further, the author will be solely responsible for any claim, suit or damages based on copyright infringement, unauthorized use or plagiarism. The University will not be liable for any such claim.
- Any form of identification such as the name of the author, Institute of the author, etc. in the essay will lead to disqualification.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- Co-authorship is not permitted.
- Every essay must include an Abstract, not exceeding 250 words.
- The word limit for the essay is 2000 – 3000 words, including appendices, footnotes, references, tables, etc.
- The essays must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Submission for The Ratan K. Singh Essay Writing Competition on International Arbitration".
- The deadline for submission is 11:59 pm, 15th July 2019 (Indian Standard Time- GMT + 5:30 hours). The deadline may be extended at the discretion of the ADRC. Late entries will not be accepted under any circumstances whatsoever.
- First Prize: INR 25,000
- Second Prize: INR 15,000
- Third Prize: INR 10,000
In case of any query, reach at email@example.com with the subject "Query- Ratan K. Singh Essay Writing Competition on International Arbitration".
To Access Brochure click here