Contract drafting and negotiating has become an irreplaceable skill that lawyers need to master. Whether you want to work as a litigating lawyer, corporate lawyer, in-house counsel, or in any other field of law, you should be able to clearly draft and negotiate your agreements.
After intensive perusal and deliberations with the Partners from top tier law firms, Bettering Results (BR) curated this specialised course dedicated towards mastering Contract Drafting & Negotiation.
This 4 Weeks Certificate Course will help you in drafting all types of agreements including Employment Agreement, Shareholders Agreement, Loan Agreement, Rent Agreement etc.
Divided into various modules, the course begins with a discussion on the general principles of the law of contracts which apply to all types of contracts, drafting of important clauses in a typical contract, the art of negotiation and will end with assignments and feedback to test the applicability of the learnings.
TOP INSTRUCTORS FOR THIS COURSE:
1 Richa Mohanty Rao, Partner, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
2. Shantanu Jindel, Partner, JSA
3. Ashoo Gupta, Partner, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co
4. Shivani Chugh, Partner, JSA
5. Clarence Andre Anthony, Partner, Trilegal
6. Roshnek Dhalla, Counsel, Khaitan & Co
MODULES OF THE COURSE:
Module 1: Basics of contract, essential elements of a contract & Important differences.
Module 2: Drafting of pre-contractual Instruments like term sheet, letter of intent, etc.
Module 3 & 4: Drafting of various important clauses in a contract:
- Parties Clause (individual, company, sole proprietorship, etc)
- Definitions & Interpretation Clause
- Reps and warranties
- Condition precedent or subsequent
- Term, termination, renewal, and survival clauses
- Assignment and change of control clauses
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure clause
- Indemnification clause
- Force majeure clause
- Non-compete clause
- Contract Breach and Execution
- Other boilerplate clauses
- Annexure & Schedules
- Signature pages
- Any other important clause required
Module 5 To 8: Drafting of various important contracts/agreements:
- Sale & Lease deed
- Loan Agreement
- Employment Contract
- Non-disclosure Agreement
- Shareholder Agreement
- Mortgage Deed
- Power of Attorney
- Post contractual agreements (including amendment agreement or novation agreement or supplementary agreement)
Module 9: Basics of Negotiation including common negotiation techniques.
Module 10: Breach of the contract and the remedies available including specific performance.
EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS OF THE COURSE:
Live & Interactive sessions with the instructors.
Q&A round with the instructors.
Recording accessible for 1 year.
Templates of important agreements will be provided.
Certificate on completion.
Real-world assignments and feedback from experts.
4-5 Hours a weekend
LINKEDIN PAGE LINK:
Interested people may also reach us at the contact details set out below:
Email ID: [email protected]
Contact number: +917252919181
Applications are open for law students and legal practitioners, and anybody interested in learning about contract drafting in India and across the world.
Register before May 30, 2022 to unlock free contract drafting templates and much more.
Deadline for Registration: June 10, 2022