21 Nov 2023 10:30 AM GMT
Contract drafting and negotiation has become an irreplaceable skill that lawyers need to master. Whether you want to work as a litigating lawyer, corporate lawyer, in-house counsel, or in any other field of law, you should be able to clearly draft and negotiate your agreements. Contract Drafting is the most important skill in the legal industry. The legal industry faces a lot...
Contract drafting and negotiation has become an irreplaceable skill that lawyers need to master. Whether you want to work as a litigating lawyer, corporate lawyer, in-house counsel, or in any other field of law, you should be able to clearly draft and negotiate your agreements.
Contract Drafting is the most important skill in the legal industry. The legal industry faces a lot of time-sensitive contracts that need to be drafted. However, not all contract drafting jobs are the same and it’s important that you understand how contracts are drafted in different roles.
After intensive perusal and deliberations with the Partners from Top Tier Law Firms, Bettering Results (BR) curated this 9th batch of specialised course dedicated towards mastering Contract Drafting & Negotiation.
This 6 Weeks Certificate Course will help you in drafting all types of agreements including Employment Agreement, IT specific agreements, Shareholders Agreement, Loan Agreement, IP Assignment Agreement etc.
This course has been attended by over 2300 in-house counsels, practicing advocates, IAS Officers, Law Students, CA, CS and other working professionals in the past. The batch starts on December 10, 2023.
Register now to avail 40% early bird discount.
Companies that we have had participants from include Reserve Bank of India, Hindalco Industries limited, GMR Group, Powergrid Corporation of India Limited, Aditya Birla Finance Ltd, Adani Road Transport Limited, L&T Financial Services, Cybercity builders and developers Pvt Ltd, Om Infra Ltd, Gayatri Projects Limited, Cashfree Payments, L&T Defence, and JB Pharmaceuticals etc. and law firms like Khaitan & Co., DSK Legal, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas etc.
TOP INSTRUCTORS FOR THE COURSE ARE:
a) Amruta Kelkar, Partner, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co b) Shashank Mishra, Partner, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co c) Bharadwaj Jaishankar, Partner, IndusLaw d) Ramya Suresh, Partner, Saraf and Partners e) Avani Dalal, Principal Associate, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas f) Rashneet Kaur, Principal Associate, Khaitan & Co
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Basics of Contract Law & Landmark Judgments
• What is a contract?
• Essential elements of a contract
• Types of contract (expressed or implied etc)
• Difference between pledge and bailment
• Difference between indemnity and guarantee
• Void, voidable and void ab-initio
• Quasi contracts
• Landmark judgments on Indian Contract Act, 1872
Drafting of pre-contractual Instruments like term sheet, letter of intent etc.
Module 3 & 4:
Drafting of following important clauses in a contract:
• Parties Clause (individual, company, sole proprietorship etc)
• Definitions & Interpretation Clause
• Reps and warranties
• Condition precedent or subsequent
• Term, termination, renewal and survival clauses
• Assignment and change of control clauses
• Confidentiality and non-disclosure clause
• Indemnification clause
• Force majeure clause
• Non-compete clause
• Contract Breach and Execution
• Other boilerplate clauses
• Annexure & Schedules
• Signature pages
• Any other important clause required
Module 5 To 10: Drafting of following important contracts/agreements:
Module 11: Basics of Negotiation including common negotiation techniques
Module 12: Breach of the contract and the remedies available including specific performance
Module 13: Contract Review
Module 14: Practice exercises
EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS OF THE COURSE:
1) WEEKEND ONLY SESSIONS
2) Live & Interactive sessions with the instructors
3) Recording accessible for 2 year
4) Free access to templates of important agreements on Website
5) Free access to Manucontract’s E-book on Understanding Contracts
6) Free access to E-book on notable Indian and International Judgments for Contracts
7) Certificate on completion and submission of assignment
8) Practical assignments and feedbacks by experts
9) Free Access to recorded sessions on CV, Cover letter drafting & interview preparation.
TIME DEVOTION: 4-5 Hours every weekend
Applications are open for law students and in-house counsels, legal practitioners, CA, CS and anybody interested in learning about Contract Drafting & Negotiation in India and across the world.
Register here https://betteringresults.in/contract-drafting-negotiation/
Interested people may also reach us at the contact details set out below: email@example.com +917252919181