Dharmashastra National Law University (DNLU) is organising an Intermediate Certificate Course On 'Blockchain' [Online] from 28th May To-26th June 2022 being Sponsored By- Union Bank Of India And Law For Aid & Welfare
ABOUT DHARMASHASTRA NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY
Dharmashastra National Law University (DNLU) was established by the Madhya Pradesh National Law University Act 24 of 2018. The University was unveiled by the noted legal luminaries, leaders, and educationists in 2018 with a vision to be the center of excellence in legal education and research by disseminating quality education and training; nurturing vibrant legal culture through judicious practices and ethically responsible pursuits.
ABOUT UNION BANK OF INDIA
Union Bank of India is country's 5th largest public sector bank. Bank is serving the nation for more than 103 years. It was inaugurated in 1919 by the father of the nation Mahatma Gandhi himself. Today bank is serving the customers with it's more than 9500 branches, 13300+ ATMs and 11700+ BC points. In recent times bank has taken many digital initiatives. Union Bank is establishing itself as the Digital Bank of India. Union Bank was the first public sector bank to launch whats app banking service. The bank's core values of prudent management without ignoring opportunities is reflected in the fact that the Bank has clocked a total business of 17 trillion on 31st March 2022.
ABOUT LAW FOR AID & WELFARE
Law for Aid and Welfare is a not-for-profit and non-political organization of legal professionals which has been working to provide free legal assistance to the needy and promote legal education (using blended learning techniques), since its inception in the year 2012. The society aims to create and develop an equipped pool of new-age legal professionals who further the interests of justice. Its mission is to equip legal professionals and law students with the cutting-edge skills required to become industry-ready. Additionally, Society aims to provide a global platform to enable people to collaborate for addressing global concerns by making optimal use of the limited resources we have at hand. Law for Aid and Welfare is a registered entity within the meaning of the Societies Registration Act, 1860 with offices in Guwahati and New Delhi.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Knowing that Crypto-currency has grabbed a substantial portion of the discussion in legal discourse due to its all-pervading nature. It becomes of much interest to explore the technology underlying it and take a stock of its legal-economic implications, the initial growth of crypto-currency was seen as a libertarian move against the centralized market fall of 2008. The 2008 economic crisis across the globe, saw people losing out trust in the centralized banking system, and shifting to more peer-to-peer transactions, which lead to the consolidation of blockchain technology. Ever since then usage of crypto-currencies has only increased. However, many of the centralized banking sectors across the globe have reflected a resistance against this digital revolution due to its volatile nature and uneven regulating mechanism. Yet, with consolidated growth every year, a substantial market economy has functionally accepted crypto as a part of its exchange system. Further, Governments across the globe have shown a predilection towards Blockchain Technology, but not so against Crypto. Therefore, it is an appropriate time to understand the intricacies of Blockchain and Crypto, Blockchain: Diverse usage, Cryptocurrency & related Crimes, New Class of Assets- Crypto, Cryptocurrencies and Taxation, etc. impression on market economy and regulations which are governing them. Thus, in pursuance of the above objective, this one-credit (fifteen-hours) intermediate certificate course is being organized.
I. LEARNING OUTCOME
The candidates who are willing to attend this course, will learn the following
- Discuss blockchain technical introduction and aspect of cryptocurrencies.
- Discuss blockchain technology's potential, other than just serving as the fuel behind Bitcoin & other cryptocurrencies.
- Discuss cryptocurrency-based crimes and money laundering, Crypto Scams, etc. & Law enforcement's improving ability to seize cryptocurrency transaction involve in crimes.
- Discuss new class of assets and features of crypto-assets & their potential sources of value.
- Discuss common challenges in taxing crypto like- valuation of basis hard fork, stake rewards, etc. & an Overview of tax treatments and emerging tax policy issues.
Number of seats offered in the course are 150. Based on 'first come-first serve' basis
- Working Professionals: INR 1999/-
- Students (pursuing graduation/post-graduation/Ph.D. in any discipline): INR 999/-
- DNLU Students: INR 499/- (cap of 50 students)
- Dr. Srinivas Yanamandra, Group Head - Regulatory Affairs & Policy, One97 Communications Limited
- Mr. Samraat Basu, Lecturer in Law & Technology, Tilburg University
- Mr. Ashit Kumar Srivastava, Assistant Professor of Law, DNLU
- Mr. Falakyar Askari, President of Law for Aid and Welfare & Criminal Defence and Technology Lawyer, Delhi High Court
- Mr. Utkarsh Kumar, Consultant at centre for Technology Law & Policy, at Law for Aid and Welfare
IV. IMPORTANT DATE
Last date for registration is 24th May 2022.
V. MODE OF EVALUTION
There would be quiz & assignment-based evaluation. To qualify for the certificate each participant needs to score more than 50 percent in the quiz & assignment cumulatively.**
For Registration, Click on the following link: https://forms.gle/s4cSE21pRfc6hNVo9
For further details visit University's website: http://www.mpdnlu.ac.in/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Certificate-Program-Intermediate-Course-Blockchain-Mpdnlu..pdf
For any further doubts, reach out to us: [email protected] Or Call us at:
- Ashit Kumar Srivastava (Faculty Coordinator) – 8009708888
- Deepak Gautam (Faculty Coordinator) - 7999759182
- Rahul Pareek (Student Coordinator) – 9252784858
Talk to an Admissions Counsellor
We have a team of dedicated admissions counsellors who are here to help guide you in applying to the program. They are available to:
- Address questions related to the application.
- Help you resolve your questions and understand the program.
Student Coordinator: +917985069858
- Sourabh Sharma- 9144509523
- Kanishk Meshram- 6267014168