The Government of Andhra Pradesh today signed a MoU with NALSAR's Centre for Tribal and Land Rights (CTLR) for providing legal support for the prestigious resurvey project of Government of Andhra Pradesh (YSR Jagananna Saswatha Bhoo Hakku Mariyu Bhoo Raksha Padhakam)
Andhra Pradesh Government after more than 100 years has undertaken a massive resurvey of agricultural and non-agricultural lands. This ambitious project is expected to be executed in a period of 3-years with a budget outlay of One Thousand crores. Every parcel of land in the state is going to be surveyed and numbered with geo-quadrants.
This project requires lot of legal support in drafting, reviewing and preparing legal documents; imparting training; undertaking legal research; resolving land disputes; and spreading legal awareness among the farmers. The Hon'ble Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh is very keen on completing the project as early as possible helping the farmers and involving CTLR, NALSAR for taking required legal support. Towards this today State Government and NALSAR University has signed an MoU. The detail of areas of cooperation is enclosed.
Centre for Tribal and Land Rights (CTLR), NALSAR has undertaken several activities including assisting the State of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Government of India in drafting land legislations; trained about one thousand paralegals who helped in resolving more than one million land problems of the poor; provided training to various stakeholders working on land (revenue, forest and tribal welfare officials); and undertaken several legal literacy initiatives.
Areas of Co-operation between government of Andhra Pradesh and CTLR, Nalsar university of law, hyderabad.
- Provide technical support in reviewing, drafting and preparing legal documents pertaining to implementation of "YSR Jagananna Saswatha Bhoo Hakku Mariyu Bhoo Raksha Padhakam";
- Impart training to various stakeholders involved in the implementation of the resurvey project;
- Design and implement innovative pilot programmes for strengthening and creatively implementing the resurvey project;
- Prepare awareness material for educating the farmers on the resurvey project and take steps for spreading awareness;
- Undertake research on the aspects pertaining to survey, land rights, land laws and land dispute resolutions;
- Take-up any other initiative pertaining to farmers and their legal rights;
- Undertake documentation and policy advocacy activities such as lectures, seminars, workshops and conferences;
- Work on Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms pertaining to Land Disputes;
- Undertake any other activities which are mutually agreed by the parties from time to time.
- Preparing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) as required.