Centre for Advanced Studies in Labour Welfare (CASLW) and Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (CASIHR), Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL) in collaboration with Think India, are organizing an international webinar on the rights of migrant labourers.
Theme: Human Rights of Migrant Labourers in COVID-19: Indian Scenario
Date: 6th July 2020
Time: 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM
Objectives of the webinar:
· To raise awareness on the issues of labour laws and its violations.
· To identify educational and social strategies to address the issue.
· To collect, share and develop innovative responses and best practices for elimination and prevention of violation of the human rights of the labourers.
· To give recommendations and concrete proposals for action for elimination and prevention of crimes related to labourers and their human rights violations.
· Migrant Labour and Dilution of Labour Laws
· Human Rights of Migrants Labour
· Protecting Rights of Migrant Labour
· Migrant Labour post COVID-19: Challenges and Opportunities
· Hon'ble Mr. Justice Mohan Peiris, (Former Chief Justice, Sri Lanka)
· Ms. Jyotika Kalra, (Member, National Human Rights Commission)
· Sri CK Saji Narayanan, (National President, Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh)
Queries can be addressed to [email protected], or to +918289013215.
The brochure for the webinar can be accessed here.
To register, click here.