IFIM Law School, Bengaluru is organizing a five-episode webinar series.
Theme: Ocular Learning of Consumer Laws
Date: 16th June 2020 to 14th July 2020 (Weekly one episode)
Time: 4 PM- 5 PM
Platform: Cisco Webex Meetings
Last date to register: 16 June 2020, 12.00 pm
Who can Attend: Professionals and students of legal or non-legal fraternity.
Registration: There is no registration fee. E-certificates will be issued to all the participants, provided, they attend all the 5 episodes mandatorily.
Details regarding the sessions:
1. 16th June 2020: Basic Introduction of Consumer Laws & Jurisdiction of Forum by Bejon Misra, Chairman at Cell for Consumer Education and Advocacy Society and Dr. Aneesh V Pillai, Assistant Professor of Law at School of Legal Studies, Cochin University.
2. 23rd June 2020: Misleading Advertisements and Liability of Endorsers by Dr. M.S Kamath, Member of B.E.S.T Consumer Dispute Forum and Maharashtra State Consumer Protection Council and Pushpa Girimaji, Senior Journalist and Consumer Rights Columnist
3. 30th June 2020: Product Liability & Consumer Protection by Payel Chatterjee, Leader, International Disputes Team, Nishith Desai Associates and Deepak Dayal, Managing Partner, Dayal Legal Associates
4. 7th July 2020: Protection against E-commerce malpractices by Dr. Pratima Narayan, Mediator and Founding Partner Techlawlogi Consulting LLP
5. 14th July 2020: Mediation as a dispute settlement mechanism in Consumer Disputes by Dr. Ashok R Patil, Professor and Chairperson of Consumer Law and Practices, NLSIU Bengaluru and Mr. Shiv Kumar, Senior Advocate and Mediator
Queries can be addressed to [email protected].
To register, click here.