DNLU: National Conference-Cum-Workshop ON 'Thematic Areas In Consumer Laws: Emerging Trends'
Dharmashastra National Law University Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh (Established by Madhya Pradesh Act No. 24 of 2018) organises National Conference-Cum-Workshop on 'Thematic Areas In Consumer Laws: Emerging Trends' to be held on (14TH -15TH March 2019)
- Analysis of the Consumer Protection Act,
- Alternative Redressal Machinery (Ombudsman, Insurance, Mediation, Arbitration, Conciliation, Lok Adalats, Sustainable Consumption, Environmental protection),
- Efficacy of consumer law remedy in India, Amendment to the Consumer Protection Act,
- Redressal of Information asymmetry Under Consumer laws,
- Consumer rights and responsibilities in digital era,
- Roles of sectoral regulators- SEBI, TRAI, RBI, IRDA, etc,
- Consumer education and consumer movement,
- Consumer protection in cyber world,
- Net neutrality and consumer interests,
- Product standardization and product recall,
- Consumer welfare as the shared goal of competition laws and consumer laws,
- Behavioral economics and consumer protection. (Detail schedule of the sessions and experts will be updated to the registered participants by e-mail.)
Who can apply?
- Academics, practitioners, researchers, Voluntary Consumer Organisations (VCOs), students and other stakeholders working and interested in the field of consumer protection.
- Only one co-author is permitted. Co-author is also required to pay registration charges. Participants who intend to present their research papers in the seminar are required to submit the Abstract of their paper before 28th February 2019 through e-mail at [email protected]
- The word limit for abstract- 300-350 words.
- The abstract shall contain- a brief profile of the author including e-mail ID, contact number and official address.
- The word limit for Research Paper- 3000-6000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Last date for Abstract Submission: 28th February 2019
- Intimation of Acceptance of Abstract: 1st March 2019
- Last date for Submission of Full papers: 5th March 2019
- Last date for sending Registration form & fees: 1st March 2019
To Access, brochure click here
To Access Registration Form click here