The Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice (SACJ) at the National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata, is organising a Panel Discussion on "Legal Framework To Deal With Disinformation And Fake News". SACJ is a student-run society that is aimed to foster discourse in the area of contemporary legal topics, especially those allied with criminal law & the criminal justice system through guest lectures, webinars, workshops, panel discussions and conclaves.
Date: 5th June 2021 (Saturday)
Time: 3:30 pm
Platform: Zoom, YouTube Channel
- Yashwant Sinha | Vice Present AITC, Ex-Minister of Finance, Ex-Minister of External affairs, Ex- Bureaucrat, recipient of highest French civilian distinction of Officier de la Légion d'Honneur (Officer of the Legion of Honour).
- Manish Tewari | Member of Parliament, Ex- Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting and an advocate by profession.
- Paranjoy Guha Thakurta | A senior journalist, writer, and documentary filmmaker. He is also a guest faculty member at IIM Ahmedabad, Calcutta and Shillong, the University of Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Asian College of Journalism and Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Pratik Sinha | Co-founder of Alt news.
- Shivam Shankar Singh | Author of 'How to Win an Indian Election: What Political Parties Don't Want You to Know', Data Analyst, Campaign Consultant.
- Ashish Goel | Advocate at the Supreme Court of India, alumnus NUJS & King's College London, Former convenor of SACJ.
How to Attend?
- There are no eligibility criteria for attending the session.
- For Registration, click here
For SACJ YouTube channel, click here