Into Legal World and Lex Revolution’s 1st International Article Writing Competition 2017
Into Legal World, in association with Lex Revolution, has announced 1st International Article Writing Competition, 2017, on the theme ‘Society and Justice’. The theme is broad in nature, hence, the participants may take up any topic/ trend/ issue/ development covered under the purview of the theme. The competition is open for all students, teachers, and research scholars from any law school/ college, or university.
The organisers have invited original and well-researched unpublished papers in the form of articles for the competition. The articles adjudged as the top 20 best researched articles will be published in a special edition of Lex Revolution [ISSN 2394-997X], a UGC-approved periodical indexed quarterly published journal of socio-legal studies. Winners of the competition will be given free service worth Rs 15,000 for publication of their book through ‘Into Legal World’.
Sub Themes: The authors may take up any recent topic or issue related to the broad theme. Some of the issues may include:
- Constitutionality of restriction of women in sacred places
- Women and Muslim law
- Gender-based reservation
- Legislation on marital rape
- Juvenile justice, care and protection of children
- Need for legislation on LGBT
- Right to privacy in the digital age
- Single parent adoption
- Right to nationality and statelessness
- Any other related topic
- Rs 200 for Indian participants
- Rs 800 for participants from SAARC region
- Rs 1,000 for international participants
Rules and Guidelines:
- The article must be written in English. The formatting style shall be Harvard Bluebook 19th Font: Times New Roman; Headings 14, Text 12 and Footnotes 10. Line Spacing: 1.5 and justified. Word limit: 5,000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- Co-authorship is restricted to two participants only.
- No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the article. Copyright of the articles shall rest with the organisers (Lex Revolution). Organisers hold the right to republish the articles if required. Identification mark (name or any mark which identifies the author) must not be found in any part of the article.
- The participants must submit their article via e-mail only, with the following attachments:
- Article in MS Word format with the subject ‘Article Writing Competition’.
- Cover page containing name, nationality, address, e-mail id, contact number and name of the college/university of the participant.
- Declaration of originality of work.
- Payment proof of entry fees.
Entries must be sent to email@example.com.
Deadline for Submission: November 30, 2017.
- Publication of top 20 papers in Lex Revolution on payment of processing fees of ₹600. Certificate of publication and hard copy of the journal to top 20 entrants.
- Certificate of participation to all participants.
The brochure for the competition can be found here.