Taking another step towards minimal human contact amid widespread public anxiety over the pandemic of Covid-19, the Bombay High Court in continuance of previous directions by the Acting Chief Justice (yet to be sworn in as Chief Justice) BP Dharmadhikari has now directed benches at Nagpur, Aurangabad and High Court of Bombay at Goa, to take up only extremely urgent matters on Monday, March 23, 2020 and on Thursday, March 26, 2020 between 12 noon to 2:00 pm.
No judicial work will be taken up on March 24 and 27, 2020. However, filing shall be allowed within working hours.
Furthermore, the notice states-
(1) praecipe for circulation shall be sent only through E-mails.
(2) No oral mentioning would be permitted. If praecipe is allowed, then only the matter would be listed on board.
(3) The assignment shall be separately published as is done during the vacations.
(4) The Registry shall call for the staff as may be required for the two working days during the week;
(5) The Advocates, Litigants and Public are requested to circulate only extremely urgent matters that cannot wait beyond the next week.
Previous directions issued through notifications dated March 14 and March 16 have been modified. The High Court initially restricted the functioning of all benches to urgent matters only, then two days later further directions restricting the working hours between 12 noon and 2 pm were issued.
Click Here To Download Circular