The Gujarat High Court shall remain closed for Summer Vacation from May 10, 2021 till June 6, 2021 (both days inclusive).
The vacation is divided into four sections and two Single Benches have been notified for each Section. The same may be accessed in the document annexed below.
Following instructions have been issued for the vacation period:
- Only those urgent matters will be listed before the concerned Vacation Judge which are directed so by the concerned Vacation Judge.
- Online mentioning will be accepted between 7.00 a.m. to 8.00 a.m.
- There will be no sitting on Saturday, Sunday and closed Holidays. However, urgent matters may be mentioned, subject to determination of urgency by the Vacation Judge.
- The Registry will remain open from 08.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m. The office will remain closed on all Saturdays.
- Only the work of an urgent nature in Vacation will be received by the Registry upto 11.00 a.m. at the relevant Counters.
- Matters of extreme urgency may be filed through e-filing mode since envelopes delivered at the Counters will be kept untouched and unprocessed for at least 24 hours.
- Division Bench matters will also be taken up by these Single Benches, but only for notice and ad-interim relief. Final disposal of the matter will not be made without placing the matter before Division Bench.
- In all Bail Applications, 48 hours-notice in the case of matters, from outside the local limits of Ahmedabad City and 24 hours-notice in case of matters from Ahmedabad City should be given to the Government Pleaders/Public Prosecutors.