In view of the unprecedented National Lockdown announced by the PM last night, the Madhya Pradesh High Court has decided that the high court as well the courts subordinate to it will remain closed till April 14.
"due to the threat of pandemic Corona Virus and immobilization of the public at large, it has been decided to declare the non-working of the High Court of Madhya Pradesh as well entire Subordinate judiciary of the State of Madhya Pradesh.
…there shall be no Court work with immediate effect for three weeks till 14/04/2020," the circular issued by the Registrar General states.
The order also clarifies that only urgent matters will be taken up, with the permission of the Chief Justice in case of the High Court and the District Judge or Principal Judge, Family Court or In-charge Officer thereof in case of Subordinate Court or Family Courts.
The venue and mode of hearing in such cases (videoconferencing or otherwise) will be intimated to the litigants.
Additionally, the High Court has issued the following instructions:
- Entry in person to the High Court at Main Seat Jabalpur and Benches at Indore & Gwalior shall remain prohibited till 14/04/2020. Administrative/Judicial work shall be communicated through Registrar General/Principal Registrar (Judicial) at Main Seat Jabalpur and Principal Registrars at Benches at Indore & Gwalior on their official e-mail I.D.
- Entry into all Subordinate Courts shall remain prohibited till 14/04/2020 subject to specific permission of the District Judge/ Principal Judge, Family Court or In-charge Officer thereof, as the case may be. The respective Heads shall notify official e-mail I.D. details of Court Manager or Administrative Officer, as the case may be, for any contact by any person including lawyers for either Administrative or Judicial work.
- All Registry Officers and staff of the High Court Main Seat at Jabalpur and Benches at Indore & Gwalior as well as all Judicial Officers & staff members of the Subordinate Courts including Family Courts shall remain stationed at their respective place of posting subject to the directions issued by the respective Heads
- No matter, unless it is urgent or eminently emergent, shall be entertained except with the permission of Hon'ble the Chief Justice in case of the High Court and District Judge or Principal Judge, Family Court or In-charge Officer thereof in case of Subordinate Court or Family Court.
- On permission being granted, the lawyers / litigants or the concerned person shall be accordingly be instructed of the venue and mode of addressing the Court either through Video Conferencing or otherwise.
- All Registry Officers and staff members of the High Court Main Seat at Jabalpur and Benches at Indore & Gwalior and all Judicial Officers & staff members of the Subordinate Courts including Family Courts shall keep their mobile phones and contact numbers in an active mode for receiving and executing any communications issued by their respective superiors for the discharge of their duties.
- In view of the unpredictable situations, the High Court and Subordinate Courts including Family Courts shall function as per the aforesaid directives until further orders subject to any further decision being taken on administrative side by Hon'ble the Chief Justice.