16 May 2021 11:37 AM GMT
In view of the covid 19 situation in the national capital, the Delhi Government has today extended the lockdown by another week which shall remain into operation till 5 AM on May 24.The Order issued by the Delhi Disaster Management Authority issued in this regard reads thus:"In exercise of powers conferred under section 22 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned, in his capacity...
In view of the covid 19 situation in the national capital, the Delhi Government has today extended the lockdown by another week which shall remain into operation till 5 AM on May 24.
The Order issued by the Delhi Disaster Management Authority issued in this regard reads thus:
"In exercise of powers conferred under section 22 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned, in his capacity as Chairperson, State Executive Committee, DDMA, GNCTD, hereby directs to extend the curfew, on movement of individuals (except for essential activities/ services as already stipulated in DDMA Order No. 381 dated 19.04.2021, Order No. 397 dated 25.04.2021 and Order No. 415 dated 09.05.2021) in the territory of NCT of Delhi, till 05:00 am on 24.05.2021 (Monday) or further orders whichever is earlier."
All the concerned District Magistrates, District DCPs, Deputy Commissioners of Municipal Corporations/ Officers of NDMC and Delhi Cantonment Board etc are directed to ensure "Covid Appropriate Behaviour" viz. wearing of mask, maintaining social distancing etc. in all Mandis, ISBTs, Railway platforms/ Stations, Slum areas as well as at all shops which are providing essential goods & services during the curfew.
Furthermore, DMs are also directed to ensure that no shops (of non essential commodities or services) or weekly markets are functioning illegally within their jurisdiction.
"All authorities concerned shall take strict action against the defaulting persons, shopkeepers, weekly marketers as per the applicable laws and rules." The order reads.
Further directions are as follows:
- Police authorities shall ensure effective checking of movement of persons and vehicles by putting adequate number of checking points pickets with the objective to prevent unnecessary movement of people on roads during curfew.
- Delhi Police shall also ensure that movement of individuals and vehicles should be allowed strictly as per the guidelines/ protocols prescribed in the curfew order.
- Commissioner, Delhi Police, Pr. Secretary (Revenue), Pr. Secretary (H&FW), District Magistrates of Delhi & their counterpart District Deputy Commissioners of F
other authorities concerned are directed to ensure strict compliance of this order a requisite actions for effective implementation of the extant directions of MHA, regarding Containment, Testing and Surveillance, Clinical Management, Vaccination, Engagement, COvID Appropriate Behaviour etc.
- The authorities concerned shall adequately inform and sensitize the field functionaries about these instructions for strict compliance, in letter and spirit.
- In case any person is found violating the aforesaid instructions, the defaulting person(s) shall be proceeded against as per the provisions of section 51 to 60 of Disaster Management Act, 2005, Section 188 of IPC and other applicable laws.
-E-pass possessed by a person for movement connected to essential goods and services during night / weekend curfew/ aforesaid curfew periods shall remain valid during the curfew period.
Click Here To Read Order