Justice Rakesh Tiwari, the senior most Judge of Calcutta High Court has been appointed as the Acting Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court with effect from 20th September, 2017 consequent upon the retirement of Shrimati Justice Nishita Nirmal Mhatre, the present Acting Chief Justice.
As The Hindu reported Today, Six high courts in the country are without regular chief justices for the past several months and at least four chief justices of various high courts will be retiring in 2017.
In another development six Judges have been appointed in Hyderabad High Court. They are
(1) Smt. Kongara Vijaya Lakshmi,
(2) Shri Potlapalli Keshav Rao,
(3) Shri Manthoj Ganga Rao
(4) Shri Durvasula Venkata Subramanya Suryanarayana Somayajulu,
(5) Shri Abhinand Kumar Shavili
(6) Shri Todupunuri Amarnath Goud
Read the Notifications Here