Assistant Professor (Law) Vacancy At Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
3 March 2020 5:18 PM GMT
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar invites application for the post of Assistant Professor (Law).
Name of the Post: Assistant Professor (Law)
No. of Post: 01 (One)
Pay Scale: Rs. 15600-39100+6000 AGP
Essential Qualification and Experience
- Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the master's degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or the subsequent Regulations if notified by the UGC, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities /Colleges /Institutions. Provided further, the award of degree to candidates registered for the M.Phil./Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bylaws/Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree and the Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:-
- Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only;
- Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners;
- Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted;
- Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal;
- Candidate has made at least two presentations in conferences/seminars, based on his/her Ph.D. work.
- to (e) as above are to be certified by the Vice-Chancellor/Pro-Vice-Chancellor/Dean (Academic Affairs)/Dean (University instructions).
How to apply?
- To apply online click here
- Opening date for on-line Registration of applications: 26.02.2020
- The Last date for on-line Registration/submission of application: 16.03.2020
- The Last date for submitting the hard copy/print out of online application and supporting documents to the Registrar, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar-143005 (Pb.): 24.03.2020
To Access Official Notification click here